Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Career Path in Booming Aviation Sector in India
Posted on : 6 January, 2020 12:27 pm
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering is a four-year internationally-based license program offering by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) approved colleges. The AME course is related to the maintenance of aircraft. Aircraft Maintenance Engineer may make repairs, troubleshoot the problem, conduct inspections and make upgrades to aircraft without AME permission there is no flight can take-off.
AME is one of the best courses after the completion of 10+2 with PCM. The demand of Aircraft Maintenance Engineer is increasing day-by-day as the career is also booming in the aviation sector for Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Career Path
License A: – License A is the license category for the engineer who can maintain, repair, and troubleshoot the simple defect of an aircraft.
This A license are further subcategories and their engineer work in the following profile:
- A1 license holders solve the simple defect in an airplane with the jet engine.
- A2 license holders rectify and repair the simple defect in an airplane with a piston engine.
- A3 licensed holder has to maintain, repair, and solve the simple defect in helicopter with jet engine.
- A4 licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer has to maintain, repair, and solve the simple defect in the helicopter with a piston engine.
License B1:- License B1 is the license for mechanical stream the mechanical stream relates to the components such as Fuselage, Landing Gear, and Wings, etc.
This B1 license are further subcategories and their engineer work in the following profile:
- License B1.1 engineers certifies the airplanes with Jet Engine.
- License B1.2 engineers certifies the airplanes with Piston Engine.
- License B1.3 engineers certifies the helicopters with Jet Engine.
- License B1.4 engineers certifies the helicopters with Piston Engine.
License B2:- License B2 is the license for the avionics stream in aircraft. Avionics stream is related to the electronics system of aircraft. The engineer works on the maintenance, repair, and solving the issue faced by the aircraft.
- Electrical System
- Instrumental System
- Radio Navigation and Communication
After the completion of the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering course students can continue their studies or doing a job in government or private sector, most of the airlines hire AME every month because air traffic is increasing day-by-day. MRO organizations like Airbus and Boeing set-up their base in India and they hire AME with a big number of vacancies.
The starting salary for Aircraft Maintenance Engineer may range from 30 to 50 thousand per month depending on your skill-set. AME also have opportunities to build their careers in foreign aviation.