Can An Average Student Become A Pilot?
If the candidate has completed the 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, then he/ she will be able to apply for the Pilot course. To become a Pilot, a candidate needs to complete 80 hours of academics on the ground and 200 hours of flying. The candidates must have an interest in a Pilot career because without the focus or the interest, then they will not be able to understand the Pilot curriculum. The pilot is one of the best careers in the aviation industry. There is a huge progress that can be seen in the aviation industry. As a result, India is the 3rd largest aviation. This decade is the golden era for a Pilot.
Skills Required in Pilot Career
- Understanding of maths and physics
- Self-Confidence, Discipline, and commitment
- Leadership skills and ability to give clear commands to cabin crew and passengers.
- Excellent spatial awareness and coordination
- Good communication skills
- Team-working skills
- Ability to think quickly and make decisions in difficult situations
- Capacity to remain calm under pressure
Indian Government’s mission is to develop 100 new airports that will offer pilots job opportunities in the Government and Private airlines. Commercial Pilot License (CPL) holders have a vast scope in India and abroad as well. The students can apply for the job in the following airlines:-
- Air India
- Jet Airways
- AirAsia India
- Alliance Air
- Luwang Air
- Air Deccan
- Blue Dart Aviation
- Pinnacle Air
- Spirit Air
- Supreme Airlines
- Titan Aviation
- Ventura AirConnect
- And many more…
How to Become a Pilot?
To become a pilot, the students must have fulfilled the following eligibility criteria:-
- An applicant must have qualified his/ her 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) or equivalent from AICTE approved Engineering Diploma or any higher qualification in Science with Physics and Mathematics at the time of Admission.
- The minimum age of the candidate must be a minimum of 17 years.
- The students must not have color blindness and any physical disabilities.
A pilot is a dream job for many students. To work as a pilot, a candidate needs a commercial pilot license. For that, the students can secure their admission in top institutes for the pilot through the nationwide entrance exam of AME CET. It also offers up to 100% scholarship to all the entrance qualified students.