Can I know completely about the AME Course?
Posted on : 22 July, 2021 12:38 pm
The course of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering is the study related to the maintenance of all aircraft. It is a course that trains the candidate about ensuring the safety and security of the airplane. Furthermore, only after the approval of an AME, an airplane can take off. There are many institutes in India that offer the course of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering. The candidates, who are interested in pursuing this course must make sure that they are eligible enough as per the specified criteria.
AME Eligibility Criteria
The course of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering holds eligibility criteria that the candidates need to possess in order to study the program. However, every AME College decides its own eligibility criteria. Furthermore, one can find the general eligibility criteria below:-
- The candidate must have pursued their 12th with PCM or equivalent AICTE approved 3 years Engineering Diploma in any field or any higher qualification in Science and Mathematics at the time of admission.
- The applicant must be 16 to 28 years old at the time of admission.
- One must not possess any color blindness or any kind of physical disability.
- The candidate must have secured an average of 45% marks in their 12th.
AME Admission Procedure
The aspirants wanting to study the course of AME must know everything about the admission procedure so that they don’t face any kind of difficulty in the same. However, the admission process for this course is almost the same for every institute. So as to take admission in the respective AME College, one has to qualify for an entrance examination. If the candidates have pursued a 3-year Engineering/ B.Tech/ any higher qualification in Science qualification in Science with PCM Diploma will take an entrance examination that will include English, General Awareness, and Aptitude Test.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Courses
There are various courses in the field of AME. The course of AME is conducted in 2 categories, ie:-
- A Program – It is a 2-year course that involves one-year academic training and the later year training in the live environment in the airlines, MRO, etc. Whilst the training, the candidates will also avail stipend. Also, one can apply for the DGCA issued license. DGCA will issue the license to the engineer who can do maintenance, repairing, and troubleshooting the issues of an aircraft.
- B Program – It is a 4-year training program. It entails two years of academic training and the other two years of practical training. The candidates will also go through the live training that shall be conducted in the airlines, MROs, and much more. During the training, the candidates will get stipends. The candidates who hold the license will be able to work in the Government as well as the Private sector in India as well as abroad. Furthermore, the DGCA issues the license of AME.