Job Profile and Responsibilities of Aircraft Maintenance Engineer in India
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) is an internationally based license career related to the maintenance and repair of the aircraft and its components as well. The Aircraft Maintenance Engineers have to do repairs, troubleshoot the problems, conduct inspections, and upgrade the aircraft. Before the flight takes off, an AME has to check the aircraft properly and sign the flight releasing certificate. Only after signing, the flight will be able to take off.
Job Profile and Responsibilities
- Maintenance, testing, repairing, inspecting, and reassembling aircraft engines.
- Installing electrical circuits.
- Testing aircraft, and electronic instruments and systems.
- Testing and replacing oxygen system parts.
- Assembling aircraft frames.
- Conducting routine preflight inspections
- Keeping records of maintenance work.
- Maintaining the company’s facilities and equipment.
The Aircraft Maintenance Engineers work long hours on the Emergency repairs and must follow FAA regulations carefully. AME is the backbone of aviation. Furthermore, AME no flight can take-off. It is one of the best career fields. The candidates can choose this career after schooling. The Licensed AME can work in the following places:-
- Air India
- Jet Airways
- AirAsia India
- Alliance Air
- Luwang Air
- Air Deccan
- Blue Dart Aviation
- And many more…
MRO & Other Organizations
- Air India Limited
- Air Works India (Engineering) Pvt Ltd
- Arrow Aviation Services Pvt Ltd
- Blue Dart Aviation Limited
- Cochin International Aviation Services
- Deccan Aviation
- Eaton Aerospace
- And hundreds of more…
Top Global recruiting Organizations
- All Nippon Airways.
- Cathay Pacific.
- Etihad Airways
- Singapore Airlines.
- Japan Airlines
- Korean Air.
- Qatar Airways
- Singapore Airlines
- And hundreds of more…
Procedure to become AME
- To become an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, the candidate must have qualified 10+2 PCM or equivalent AICTE approved 3 years engineering diploma in any stream or any higher qualification in science with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics at the time of admission.
- After fulfilling the above eligibility criteria, the candidates should apply for the national wide entrance exam to secure admission in premium institutes for AME with up to 100% scholarship.
- After completion of the course, the students will get a Course Completion Certificate (COC) from the institute.
- DGCA Module is the last step once students clear the module. DGCA issues an AME license that allows them to work as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.