India is a hub for the best AME institutes. There are various institutes in India that offer the course of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering. The candidates who are looking forward to pursuing the course of AME must choose the institute as per many facilities, like educational facilities, infrastructure, placement records, etc. The AME institutes in India offer theoretical and practical training about aircraft. The aspiring candidates must follow the AME Admission Procedure so as to take admission in the same.
List of Top Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Colleges in India
- Alpine Institute of Aeronautics, Dehradun
- Wingsss College of Aviation Technology
- Indraprasth Institute of Aeronautics, Gurugram, Haryana
- JRN Institute of Aviation Technology, Mundka, Delhi
- Bharat Institute of Aeronautics, Patna, Bihar
- HCAT, Kanyakumari
- Western India Institute of Aeronautics (WIIA), Ahmedabad
- Indira Institute of Aircraft Engineering, Pune
- Institute of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (IAME), Aurangabad
- College of Aeronautical Engineering, Guwahati
- Rajiv Gandhi Aviation Academy, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Aeronautics, Mundka, Delhi
AME Course Details
The course of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering trains the candidates about ensuring the safety and the security of the aircraft. An AME has to maintain all the parts of the aircraft such as the engine, airframe, landing gear, fuselage, etc., and avionics parts such as radar system, electrical system, Instrument system, radio, and navigation system, etc. Before the take-off of the airplane, the candidate has to check the aircraft for any issues and troubleshoot the same. Only after the approval of an AME can an airplane take off.