Aircraft Engineer: Who is he and how to become one
Posted on : 13 February, 2021 6:38 pm
There are primarily 3 types of Aircraft Engineers in the Aviation industry namely Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME), Aeronautical Engineer, and Aerospace Engineer, each one has a different type of work and challenges. Below we describe in details to give to you an idea of their work profiles:
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME)
- Aeronautical Engineer
- Aerospace Engineer
The explanation of the work profiles on the basis of the ones given above are:
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME)
It is an internationally based license career related to the maintenance and repair of an aircraft and its components as well. Aircraft Maintenance Engineers may do the repairs, troubleshoot a problem, conduct inspections, and make upgrades to aircraft. Before the flight takes off, AME has to check the aircraft properly and sign the flight releasing certificate. Furthermore, only after that, the flight can take off.
These engineers are responsible for researching, designing, constructing, testing, and manufacturing the aircraft within the earth’s atmosphere. It also covers the investigation into aerodynamic elements of aircraft, including behaviours and related factors such as control surfaces, lift, airfoil, and drag.
These engineers are responsible for researching, designing, constructing, testing, and manufacturing the air vehicle that flies within the earth’s atmosphere and beyond the earth atmosphere like aircraft, spacecraft, rockets, satellite, space shuttle, etc.
How to Become an Aircraft Engineer?
Aircraft Engineers have a far better and excellent lifestyle as compared to the other engineering fields, as Indian aviation is shining rapidly, it creates a new highest for engineers in the aviation industry.
Students can follow 3 simple steps to become an Aircraft Engineer, the steps are as follows:-
- To become an Aircraft Engineer, the candidates must pass 10+2 with PCM or equivalent AICTE approved 3 years engineering diploma in any stream or any higher qualification in science with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics at the time of admission.
- Candidates should qualify for the AME CET entrance exam to secure their admission in premium Institutes for AME, Aeronautical Engineering, and Aerospace Engineering and up to 100% scholarship for Aircraft Engineering and other aviation courses.
- After completing the course successfully, the students can apply for an AME license and on the other hand, Aeronautical Engineering and Aerospace Engineering students get engineering degrees from their institutes.
Once the candidates have an AME license or degree in Aeronautical Engineering and Aerospace Engineering students, then they can start working with the following top aviation companies such as:-
Top National Recruiting Airlines
- Air India
- Jet Airways
- AirAsia India
- Alliance Air
- Luwang Air
MRO & Other Organizations
- Air India Limited
- Air Works India (Engineering) Pvt Ltd
- Arrow Aviation Services Pvt Ltd
- Blue Dart Aviation Limited
- Cochin International Aviation Services
- Deccan Aviation
- Eaton Aerospace
- And hundreds of more…
Top Research Organization
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- German Aerospace Center (DLR)
- European Space Agency (ESA)
- And many more…