Future Scope and Placements of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
Indian Aviation is a highly developing country and the 3rd largest aviation industry in the terms of Domestic Traffic. The scope for the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering is touching new heights. From the last years, the following factors have been affecting the demand for the AME:
- There is a huge shortage of the Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (AME) in the whole world. There is a requirement of 7,54,000 licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (AME) worldwide as the license is valid internationally.
- The UDAN scheme plays an important role in boosting the AME scope. The scheme makes the airfare affordable for common people to travel through the flight.
- The growth rate of the air passengers is around 25% leading to the requirement for the new aircraft and Engineers in Aviation.
- Boeing and Airbus set up their MRO Organization in Different states of India which builds thousands of jobs for a young engineer.
- India has put its first step on the manufacturing of the Civil Aircrafts which hikes the opportunities for the Aircraft Engineers.
- Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) has opened 5 new labs in Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, and Hyderabad. These 5 new labs will be led by under-35 directors and young military scientists.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME) is a 4-year internationally-based license course. After the completion of the 12th exam with PCM or 3-year Engineering Diploma, the candidates will be able to pursue this course. The applicants, whilst the whole course, will undergo academics and practical training in the Airline or Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO). The candidates should focus on the training because practical training is the best way to confirm the placements in the top organizations in Aviation.
The Department of Placement and Training plays an important role in any institution. The Placement cell prepares the students by arranging the training programs like Mock Interviews, Group Discussions, Communications Skills, Workshops, etc to build the confidence level. The Top AME institutes provide up to 100% scholarship placement assistance to their students. The placement is based upon the college.