Is There a Good Scope in Aeronautical Engineering?
Aeronautical Engineering is a high demand and vast scope career in Aviation. This field is related to the design, construction, manufacture, and test of flying vehicle within the Earth’s atmosphere. India is the 3rd largest aviation industry in terms of domestic traffic, behind China and the US. According to the Airport Council International (ACI), India is on the way to becoming a more liberalized aviation industry and the nation’s strengthening economic fundamentals have helped it become one of the fastest-growing aviation industries.
Following news show a great scope in Aeronautical Engineering in India:-
- Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) started 5 new defence labs, formally launched by the Prime Minister. The five new labs of DRDO are located in Bengaluru, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, and Hyderabad.
- The UDAN scheme is giving a new stage to an Aeronautical Engineering career. This scheme makes airfare affordable for common people to travel through aeroplanes. The drastic increase in domestic passengers raises Aeronautical Engineering scope in India.
- India has put its 1st step on the manufacturing of civil aircraft which hikes the scope for Aeronautical Engineering.
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) plans various projects for the future namely a crewed spacecraft, lunar lander, rover, solar observation, radar imaging satellite, etc.
- The well-developing countries look up to India for assistance in building up their capabilities to get benefits of space technology.
Job Opportunities in Aeronautical Engineering
There are endless job opportunities in Aeronautical Engineering. Some of the reputed recruiters have been given below:-
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO)
- Flying Clubs
- Government-Owned Air Services
- Aircrafts Manufactures
- Defense Research and Development Organizations (DRDO)
- Aeronautical Laboratories
- Aeronautical Development Establishments
- Department of Civil Aviation
- Defence Services
- And many more…
A 4-year Aeronautical Engineering degree course is the best way to make a career as an Aeronautical Engineer in India and aboard as well. To get admission in premium institutes and colleges for Aeronautical Engineering, the students should apply for the AME CET entrance examination. This test also offers up to 100% scholarship to all entrance qualified students.