Know about an Aircraft Engineer and the types of Aircraft Engineering
Posted on : 15 February, 2021 10:54 am
Aircraft Engineers are those engineers who are primarily a part of the design, development, research, maintenance, inspection, repair, and modification of air vehicles that fly within and beyond the earth’s atmosphere. The Aircraft Engineers work for the following private and government organization:-
- Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) Organizations
- Border Safety Forces (BSF)
- Aircraft Part Manufacturing Companies
- Aircraft Manufacturing Companies
- Civil Defence Forces
- Research Organization
- Aircraft Operation Organizations
- Aviation Training Centres
- Flying Clubs
- And many more…
Types of Aircraft Engineers
There are mainly 3 types of Aircraft Engineers in the aviation industry such as:-
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
- Aeronautical Engineer
- Aerospace Engineer
Details views of each profile are as follows:-
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineers: – It is an internationally based license career related to the maintenance and repair of aircraft and its components as well. Aircraft Maintenance Engineer may make repairs, troubleshoot a problem, conduct inspections, and make upgrades to aircraft. Before the flight takes off, AME has to check the aircraft properly and sign the flight releasing certificate. Only then the flight can take off.
- Aeronautical Engineer:– These engineers are responsible for researching, designing, constructing, testing, and manufacturing the aircraft within the earth’s atmosphere. It also covers the investigation into aerodynamic elements of aircraft, including behaviours and related factors such as control surfaces, lift, airfoil, and drag.
- Aerospace Engineer: – These engineers are responsible for researching, designing, constructing, testing, and manufacturing the air vehicle that flies within the earth’s atmosphere and beyond the earth atmosphere like aircraft, spacecraft, rockets, satellite, space shuttle, etc.
How to become an Aircraft Engineer?
To become an Aircraft Engineer, the students can pursue Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME), Aeronautical Engineering, and Aerospace Engineering courses through AME CET nationwide entrance examination. It is the best way to secure admission in the top government of India approved institutes, colleges, and universities for Aircraft Engineering. AME CET also offers up to 100% scholarship to all entrance qualified students.