Types of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering and Average Fees in India
Aircraft maintenance engineering is a 4-year licensed-based course. This license is related to the maintenance, safety security, and troubleshoots of all the problems of an aircraft. It is a highly paid job option worldwide. The aircraft maintenance engineering course is divided into two streams mechanical and avionics. There you can choose the stream on behalf of your interest.
These are the streams of Aircraft maintenance engineering are given below:-
A: A is the license for the engineer who can maintain, repair, and troubleshoot the simple defect of an aircraft.
- A1:- A1 license holder solves the simple defect in an airplane with the jet engine.
- A2:- A2 license holder rectifies and repairs the simple defect in an airplane with a piston engine.
- A3:- A3 licensed AME has to maintain, repair, and solve the simple defect in the helicopter with a jet engine.
- A4:- A4 licensed AME has to maintain, repair, and solve the simple defect in a helicopter with a piston engine.
B1:- B1 is the license for mechanical stream in aircraft. The mechanical stream is related to the components such as Fuselage, Landing Gear, and Wings, etc. This license has been further divided into the following categories:-
- B1.1:- License B1.1 certifies the airplanes with Jet Engine.
- B1.2:- License B1.2 certifies the airplanes with Piston Engine.
- B1.3:- License B1.3 certifies the helicopters with Jet Engine.
- B1.4:- License B1.4 certifies the helicopters with Piston Engine.
B2:- B2 is the license for avionics stream in aircraft. The avionics stream is related to the electronics system. This license can be attained in the following categories:-
- Electrical System
- Instrumental System
- Radio Navigation and Communication
The Aircraft maintenance engineering courses are under aviation engineering. There is a huge scope in Aircraft maintenance engineering. The fee of Aircraft maintenance engineering is INR 3 to 6 lakhs depending upon the institutes. After the completion of the course, the candidates can bag jobs in India or abroad in both Government and Private sectors. One can take admission in AME (Aircraft maintenance engineering) course through the AME CET entrance exam. It provides admission to several types of aviation courses. For any type of doubts related to the course or entrance exam, one should go through the www.amecet.in or call on the AME CET helpdesk no. 8800663006.